So you want to learn how to make money online for free? What if I told you it is possible but that there’s a catch? I’ll share with you how it can be done but as the old saying goes, “time is money” so if you aren’t willing to trade money to make money online then here’s the catch: you’ll be trading time. Like it or not, this is just the world we live in.
We also live in a world where in 2017, there were actively 3.8 BILLION people searching the Internet for content to consume and purchases to make; this number is only increasing too and by 2020 it is estimated that there will be 4.1 BILLION Internet users. In other words, the opportunity available online to make money is MASSIVE which is why you are doing the right thing by being here to learn more about it.
Time is the most valuable commodity for us humans and I want to be sure you spend yours wisely, so before we get started I want to quickly point out who I believe will benefit most from this article:
- Those new to the online world of making money and looking to learn more about how to build a business online and generate passive income
- Those genuinely interested in learning more about Internet marketing & techniques for how to make money online (for free and otherwise)
- Those willing to dedicate time and effort to apply what I have to share (this is NOT a get-rich-quick tutorial)
If you’re still here, let’s dive in…
To make this as simple as possible to understand, in order to make money online you have to learn how to attract visitors to a site so they can make a purchase of some kind. In other words, you have to learn online marketing.
In this article I will share with you the #1 technique that is tried and true and that will help you to generate traffic (attract visitors) to a site FOR FREE. While all the resources and tools I will be sharing with you in this article are free, there may be some limitations to them because well…they’re FREE! Regardless of used free or paid for, these resources and tools DO work and I promise you can expect to see results IF you put in the work using them.
In a world heavily influenced by capitalism I want to remind you that you’ll often get what you pay for so if you aren’t willing to spend some money, you’ll be spending more of your time trying to figure things out with limited resources and tools.
You can either spend your time trying to learn a skill on your own or you can spend money on a product/service that someone has developed to help you speed up your learning curve. This is just how the world works.
Now with that being said, IF you do decide to invest in yourself and speed up your learning curve by upgrading to the full versions of any of the resources or tools I recommend in this article you will be optimizing your chances of learning how to make money online at the most efficient rate I’ve found possible.
I personally have spent THOUSANDS of dollars going through various resources, courses, and tools to find the ones I am sharing with you today. These resources and tools have helped me the most in my journey online so I strongly believe in them and I know they can help to bring you A LOT of value as well.
Everything I am showing you in this article is FREE to use but if through your own experience you decide that it makes sense to upgrade to the paid versions then that’s awesome, but I want it to be a choice you come to on your own by doing your own due diligence.
Affiliate Disclosure: There are affiliate links used through out this article. This means if you decide to click on a link and make a purchase of any of the resources or tools I recommend in this article I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. If you do decide to make a purchase and invest in yourself I want to congratulate you as you’ve made a wise choice and I thank you for your support!
Let’s get started!
What You Will Be Learning Today
The technique I am going to be teaching you about today for how to make money online for free is a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) technique known as keyword article marketing.
- SEO -is the process of using techniques to optimize your online content so as to rank as a top search result in a search engine for a specific keyword.
- Keyword Article Marketing – is the art of using keywords to craft content (written articles, reviews etc) so that your content organically ranks high within SERPs (Search Engine Results Page), which is the page displayed by a search engine (Google, Bing, or Yahoo) in response to a searcher’s query.
In the most basic terms, you will be learning how to write an article around a specific keyword that is likely to organically rank well (1st or 2nd page of SERPs) so that you can thereby earn free traffic to your website.
A keyword is a word or phrase that someone types into a search engine (Google, Bing or Yahoo) in order to retrieve information about it.
You likely type in keywords to Google everyday without knowing it. In fact, the “keyword” you likely typed in to find this article was “How To Make Money Online For Free.”
When you are able to write an article using a specific keyword or keyword phrase and Google recognizes it as being valuable content that people are in need of, the Google algorithms will rank it highly in SERPs.
When you rank organically on the first page of SERPs you are getting FREE traffic to your article. Once you are getting traffic to your article you are able to monetize it in a number of ways which I will talk about later in this article.
If you are totally new to the online world and this doesn’t make sense yet, don’t worry, I am going to break it all down for you and by the end of this article you will have a solid understanding of SEO, keyword article marketing, keywords and how to use it all strategically to begin making money online for free.
For now, check out the image below to get a better understanding for the terms we defined above.
Hopefully you’re starting to get a better picture of what we are trying to do but if not, that’s okay too and if by the end of the article you still have questions, feel free to drop me a comment and I’ll be sure to clear up any misunderstandings you may have.
By the end of this article, my goal is to be sure you have a solid understanding for how to write articles using carefully researched keywords so it will be easier to organically rank your article higher in SERPs, and thereby earn free traffic to your website.
If we can successfully achieve this goal, the making money part will be easy.
For now, let’s dive in and I’ll break everything down into 4 simple steps about how to master and monetize SEO using some highly effective strategies, tools, and resources.
IMPORTANT: BE SURE TO READ THIS ARTICLE AT LEAST ONCE IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE GOING BACK THROUGH THE STEPS TO APPLY WHAT YOU LEARN!!
Step 1: Create Your Own Free Website
In order to write an article you need to create a website that you can post it to. This is also known as a blog. The first resource I am going to recommend for creating a free website is Wealthy Affiliate.
The reason I recommend Wealthy Affiliate is because by joining as a free member you’ll be able to create 2 free websites using their SiteRubix.com hosting platform (affiliate disclosure). Additionally you’ll get access to a bunch of other features and training that will help teach you more about how to build a successful blog around a passion of yours.
Here are some of the features you will get just by joining as a FREE Starter Member:
- Free lifetime membership
- 2 free websites with hosting included (web hosting can typically cost $5-$20/month but you get it free within WA)
- Access to 2 of the classrooms
- 30 keyword searches a month
- Phase 1 of the Affiliate Bootcamp training course which teaches you how to build a successful business using Wealthy Affiliate
- Live Chat and support from many of the experts inside WA for the first 7 days of becoming a member (take advantage of this and ask as many questions as you’d like)
- Ability to earn while you learn
- Website backup
Now as I mentioned at the beginning of this article some of the resources within Wealthy Affiliate will be limited but it is still fully possible to start a website for free and begin writing articles without ever having to spend a penny upgrading to Premium. While I am going to highly recommend upgrading to Premium at some point in your online journey, it is not necessary in the beginning stages.
Upgrading to Premium is $49/month, which if you break it down is only $1.63/day to have all the support and knowledge you’ll ever need for building a successful blog online. I promise you this – I’ve been around the web and I know a lot of what else is out there. Nothing out there compares to Wealthy Affiliate in terms of the value you receive, even as a free starting member.
When you create your website domain name, here are some things to remember:
- Make it an easy to remember phrase or name (no hyphens)
- Make sure it is relative to the industry or niche you will be writing articles about
- Try to make it a “low-hanging fruit keyword” (more about this below)
You can learn exactly how to create a beautiful, free website within Wealthy Affiliate in as little as 30 seconds by watching this video (affiliate disclosure) but before you create your website by making up a random domain name (a domain name is the name of your website i.e. mine is www.buildpassiveincomeonline.com), let’s finish reading Step 2: Understanding SEO & Keyword Research to adopt some strategy for naming your site appropriately.
Pro Tip: As you continue reading below try to be thinking about topics that interest you or that you are passionate about. Your website name and the content of your website should ideally be based around something you genuinely enjoy learning about.
Step 2: Understanding SEO & Keyword Research
So the strategy of SEO we are learning about is how to obtain free traffic by using specific keyword-dense articles to rank on the first page of SERPs. Many will say that ranking on the first page of Google search results can take forever but this is not true, IF you know the secrets and tactics of what to do. This is where the magic of the first tactic I’ll be discussing comes into play: keyword research.
Keyword research is a critical component of SEO because when used correctly it provides a road map for both the design and execution of building websites as well as the development of content.
What is keyword research?
Keyword research is the practice of using keyword research tools and techniques to find and research alternative search terms that people enter into search engines.
The reason keyword research is so important is that it will help you to determine which keywords (topics) are worth using to write articles about so as to easily outrank competition.
A keyword research tool is just what it sounds like – it is a tool (program or website) that, using algorithms, can help you to find and research alternative keyword phrases and determine the approximate value of a keyword. There are various keyword research tools you can use here, some free, some paid, but I will discuss the ones I recommend in just a bit.
For now I want to focus on the strategy you should consider taking when conducting keyword research. Once you understand the strategy, the keyword tool(s) you use will simply be a bonus to help you achieve your goals of finding the right keywords in a quicker fashion.
Part 1: Understanding “Low-Hanging Fruit” Keywords
The secret to conducting proper keyword research is to find the “low-hanging fruit” keywords.
But what are “low-hanging fruit” keywords and how do you find them?
Wisegeek gives a great explanation of low-hanging fruit that should help you to understand:
We have Mother Nature to thank for the expression low-hanging fruit. A fruit-bearing tree often contains some branches low enough for animals and humans to reach without much effort. The fruit contained on these lower branches may be not be as ripe or attractive as the fruit on higher limbs, but it is usually more abundant and easier to harvest. From this we get the popular expression, which generally means selecting the easiest targets with the least amount of effort.
So when I talk about “low-hanging fruit” keywords, I am referring to keywords that are not necessarily as attractive as some of the more commonly searched keywords but are easier targets to pursue and rank for because they are keywords that have low competition from people writing similar articles.
An attractive keyword is a keyword that has a healthy amount of avg. monthly searches. We obviously want to find keywords that have a high amount of avg. monthly searches but the number of avg. monthly searches should always be secondary to how ripe a keyword is.
A ripe keyword is a keyword that has low relative competition (QSR). When I say competition I mean the number of competing pages that show up as the results from a searcher’s query.
It is MUCH easier to rank higher in SERPs for a keyword if the number of competing pages is low.
Would you rather:
- Write an article around a keyword like “best free keyword research tool”that gets an average of 400 monthly searches and has 160 competing pages? or,
- Write an article around a keyword like “keyword research tool” that gets an average of 2,700 monthly searches and has 350 competing pages?
What’d you choose?
Hopefully you chose A.
Because it is a lot easier to rank on the first page of SERPs out of 160 competing pages vs. 350 competing pages. Yes, “keyword research tool” gets over 6x the avg. monthly search traffic as “best free keyword research tool” but if you are not ranked on the first or second page of SERPs you are not getting any traffic and you are wasting your time.
This is the point of going after low-hanging fruit keywords: go after the keywords that you will have an easier time ranking for, even if the avg. monthly searches are lower.
I would rather rank on the first page of a keyword getting 50 avg. monthly searches than rank on the third page of a keyword getting 10,000 avg. monthly searches.
I don’t like putting a number as to what a healthy amount of avg. monthly searches is because it is all relative to the number of competing pages (QSR) of the keyword but I will say, in general, you probably don’t want to mess around with any keywords that are getting less than 50 avg. monthly searches. The easiest way to determine the amount of avg. monthly searches for a keyword is to use a keyword research tool, which I will discuss below.
There are a couple of ways to determine what the competition of a keyword is. The way I prefer is to use a keyword research tool like Jaaxy (affiliate disclosure) since it is WAY faster and much less of a hassle.
Real quickly though I want to show you the old-school way of how to find the number of competing pages for a particular keyword because it will always be the most accurate. Since keyword research tools use algorithms to determine things like keyword competition or avg. monthly searches, the data is not always entirely accurate however it is sufficient enough to warrant the trust and use of the tool.
A Quick Lesson For Determining Keyword Competition:
- Open Google
- Type in any keyword phrase you’re thinking of in “quotes”. For this purpose I am going to use “build passive income online”
- Scroll down and go to the last page of your search results
- On the last page of the search results, find the text where it says: In order to show you the most relevant results…
I now know that there is a QSR of 88 competing webpages ranking for the keyword “build passive income online.” While Google is constantly updating this number I know that there are relatively under 100 competing webpages for this keyword at any one time. Now that you know how to do this you can use this technique to verify any results you find using a keyword research tool.
Pro-Tip: I really only like to go for keywords that are a QSR of 100 or below. Kyle and Carson (owners of WA) will say that you’re safe to go for keywords with a QSR of 300 or below but I think the lower the QSR, the better chance you have for ranking.
Part 2: Using Long-Tail Keywords
Low-hanging fruit keywords, more often than not, are going to be what are referred to as long-tail keywords.
A long-tail keyword is a keyword phrase that is a string of 3+ words and is more targeted and specific to a searchers needs.
Long-tail keywords are vitally important to understand for 2 reasons:
- Long-tail keywords comprise more than 70% of searches performed on the web.
- Long-tail keywords often convert better into sales because they catch people later in the buying/conversion cycle.
Think about it…
When you go to Google, do you type in a broad phrase/question or a specific phrase/question?
Obviously the answer to this question is going to depend on what your intentions are for searching.
A person searching a broad category like “shoes” or “financial advice” is probably just browsing, and is not ready to buy anything. To the contrary, a person searching for “best price on Yeezy shoes” practically has their wallet out and is ready to buy!
If you are like 70% of the people conducting Internet searches, you likely type in a specific phrase/question that is most likely to fetch the solution you want to a need or desire you have at that time. This is why long-tail keywords are so important. But this is also why keyword research can sometimes be more challenging (but in my mind exciting!).
Long-tail keywords can contain hundreds of millions of unique search combinations.
“Best price on Yeezy shoes” is NOT the same long-tail keyword as “best price for Yeezy shoes.”
Furthermore, “best price on Yeezy shoes” is NOT the same long-tail keyword as “best prices on Yeezy shoes.”
It is the minute differences that can make all the difference and also why there is SO MUCH opportunity for you to rank for a keyword and thereby earn FREE traffic to your website!
Have no fear though, and do not feel overwhelmed! I am going to recommend a few free tools that will make keyword research enjoyable and maybe even a little addicting. 🙂
Using Keyword Research Tools To Find “Low-Hanging Fruit” Long-Tail Keywords:
Ok so by now hopefully you have an understanding for what you should be looking for when you do your keyword research.
But in case you don’t, I’ll lay it out here:
When you conduct keyword research your goal should be to find “low-hanging fruit” long-tail keywords. In other words, you want to find long-tail keywords that have a low number of competing pages and a healthy amount of avg. monthly searches.
Additionally, you want to make sure the keywords you choose make sense grammatically to a HUMAN.
For example, “How To Make Money Online Free” does NOT make sense grammatically to a human whereas “How To Make Money Online For Free” does. Again, it’s the little differences that make ALL the difference and you want to be sure any keyword research you do is done with the consumer in mind, not Google. Google ranks articles based on how valuable and relevant your content is to consumers!
So how do you find the right “low-hanging fruit” long-tail keywords to use?
By using keyword research tools and techniques.
I would now like to introduce you to some helpful keyword research tools and resources that are very powerful, and that have helped me a lot during my online marketing journey.
Resource #1: Wealthy Affiliate
- When you sign up for a free membership you’ll gain access to their keyword research tool which you can use to do 30 keyword searches a month. Again, if you are just getting started online use Wealthy Affiliate’s free membership to test the waters!
- Searches =the average number of searches that a keyword receives per month
- Traffic = the estimated amount of monthly traffic you will receive by ranking on the first page of SERPs for a specific keyword
- Competition (QSR) = number of competing web pages ranking in SERPs for a specific keyword. (Notice the difference in results for competition for “build passive income online”: WA keyword tool = 79, old school way = 88)
- Article Power = a ranking system from 0 to 10 based on keyword competition, traffic, and other statistics that determines how well an article is likely to rank. The higher the number the better; ideally you want an Article Power of 8 or better.
- PPC Power = a ranking system ranging from 0 to 10 based on keyword search volume, competition and cost-per-click that determines how well a keyword is likely to do being advertised via PPC, which stands for pay-per-click. This is more advanced and something we won’t really need to look at as we are focusing on how to make money online for free, but just like Article Power, the higher the PPC Power number the better. Again, ideally you want a PPC Power of 8 or better.
Resource #2: UberSuggest
- UberSuggest is a unique keyword idea generation tool that streamlines a keyword research technique known as the Alphabet Soup Technique.
- UberSuggest takes your seed keyword (the original keyword you’re working with) and adds every letter in the alphabet after it to generate hundreds of alternative keywords. UberSuggest is a great tool for generating long-tail keyword ideas for you to use and research further using a keyword research tool like Wealthy Affiliate’s keyword tool or Jaaxy.
- UberSuggest works by grabbing the information from Google Suggest
While UberSuggest is a convenient tool for quickly discovering long-tail keywords associated with your seed keyword, it is a scraper tool and uses a scraper algorithm to pull keywords from Google Suggest. UberSuggest can be great for saving time but is still no substitute for going to Google and manually typing in your “keyword + a,” “keyword + b” etc to get the most up-to-date long-tail keyword ideas that people are searching for.
Resource #3: Jaaxy (affiliate disclosure)
- Jaaxy is my personal favorite resource for doing keyword research because of it’s simple ease of use and pure, raw power for helping you find the right keywords to use quickly.
- Similar to the keyword tool in WA, signing up for a free account at Jaaxy will provide you access to do 30 keyword searches a month (if you sign up for both WA and Jaaxy you’ll have 60 searches a month).
- Quick Jaaxy Search Overview:
- Avg. = the average number of searches that a keyword receives per month
- Traffic = the estimated amount of monthly traffic you will receive by ranking on the first page of SERPs for a specific keyword
- QSR = Quoted Search Results aka your competition. QSR is the number of competing web pages ranking in SERPs for that exact keyword.
- KQI = Keyword Quality Index is a metric that tells you how worth it is to pursue a specific keyword.
- Great = Worth it
- Normal = Medium worth
- Poor = Not worth it
- SEO = a score ranging from 0 to 100 that is based on competition and traffic and determines how likely a keyword is to rank organically on the first page of SERPs.
- Domains = the availability of domains available for acquiring based on the keyword
- Diving Further Into Jaaxy:
- Site Rank = Site Rank is a feature that allows you to track your progress for how you are ranking within SERPs for a specific keyword.
- Affiliate Program = Jaaxy has it’s own affiliate program so you can promote Jaaxy as an affiliate and make a commission anytime you refer someone to Jaaxy through your article or website (more on this below).
- Jaaxy Help = extensive help and strategy for how to use Jaaxy effectively
- Alphabet Soup = Similar to UberSuggest, Jaaxy has it’s own Alphabet Soup keyword generator within the tool.
- Saved Lists = Jaaxy allows you to save and organize keywords so you can further review them and decide which keywords to write articles about.
- Search History = Often times in the keyword research process you will lose track of all the keywords you are searching for. Jaaxy eliminates this dilemma by saving all the searches you do in a search history.
- Search Analysis = You can use Search Analysis to do a competitive analysis that gives you insights on how a competitive webpage is ranking for a keyword. This feature essentially gives you more in-depth insight about QSR.
- Affiliate Programs = You can use Jaaxy to find affiliate programs related to any keywords you search.
- Brainstorm = This feature helps you to brainstorm keyword ideas by showcasing current and popular keywords in Google Trends, Alexa Topics, Amazon Best Sellers and Twitter Trends.
As you can see Jaaxy is a powerhouse tool in its ability to provide you with INSANE insights about which keywords are worth pursuing and I am just scratching the surface here by giving you a glimpse of what Jaaxy is capable of. I highly encourage you to dive deeper by exploring it for yourself and you can do so by starting an account for FREE (affiliate disclosure).
I do not want to do an in-depth review of Jaaxy here as I want to stay on track with our focus of how to make money online for free but if you want to know more about Jaaxy and how to use it strategically for keyword research you can watch a more in-depth review here. I simply want to introduce you to the tool in hopes that you will further investigate it for yourself.
If you want to give Jaaxy a try you can start by entering a keyword here:
REMINDER: The primary purpose of using one or more of these resources is to find long-tail keywords that have a healthy number of monthly searches (100+) and low competition (<100 QSR).
CHALLENGE: Take a few moments to utilize these tools and resources a bit more and try to find 10 low-hanging fruit long-tail keywords around a topic that is a passion or interest of yours.
Once you have found these keywords, quickly jump back up to Step 1 to create a free website either using a keyword you found or make a domain name that is relevant to the keywords you have found. Once you’ve created your website we can now move on to Step 3 where we’ll talk about how to write articles using low-hanging fruit keywords.
Step 3: How To Write Keyword-Dense Articles
Ok so up until this point we’ve created a free website using Wealthy Affiliate and we’ve conducted keyword research to find “low-hanging fruit” long-tail keywords by using free tools and resources. Your next step is to pick what you feel is the best low-hanging fruit keyword from Step 2 and write an article about it.
The keys to writing a good, quality article that is sure to be ranked well within SERPs is to:
- Provide VALUE to the consumer.
- Optimize your content using a low-hanging fruit keyword.
1. Providing Value:
Creating and providing value to a consumer is BY FAR the best approach to take when conducting keyword article marketing because this is at the heart of Google’s algorithm.
Google, in particular, wants to make sure that when someone searches for something (a problem) in Google that they are getting the most valuable and relevant information they can (the solution), and this is why Google remains the most powerful search engine in the world with 64% market share. They’re REALLY good at matching a searcher with the information they are looking for.
At the core of business, it is all about providing a solution to someone’s problem. If you can do that, the money is sure to follow.
Therefore, your goal here is to find a topic (a problem) to write an article about in which you provide the solution. You “market” this article by targeting a “low-hanging keyword” that is relevant to the topic (the problem) you chose.
I recommend that you choose a topic that you are interested in as well because it will make the experience much more enjoyable.
Additionally, strive to write articles that are 2000+ words in length. Longer, more elaborate articles will tend to do better ranking, as they often provide more value than shorter articles however it is possible to rank with shorter articles as well (<500 words). My advice here is don’t worry so much about the length of the article but the value you are providing.
Beginners Tip: If you think you don’t know a lot about a topic or feel as though you don’t have the answer to provide a valuable solution, do some research around it and then put it in your own words. By researching and the regurgitating (writing) the information in your own words, you will actually become an expert about the topic in the process. Provide more value to the consumer by making the answer to the problem easier to understand.
Use these questions as a general guide to help you craft your article:
- Who is my audience?
- What are they looking for?
- Where can they get this (online)?
- Why do they need this?
- How can my offer help or benefit them?
If you can accurately answer these questions you will have a solid idea for how you are providing value to your consumer.
When you create valuable content for those to read, other sites (and hopefully those that are more popular and that have relevant content to yours) will begin linking to your article’s URL. When other sites begin to vouch for your content and link to it, this is known as backlinking and is another popular SEO strategy for ranking well within search engines, especially Google. Backlinking is just a byproduct though of providing great value.
2. Marketing Your Article Using A Low-Hanging Fruit Keyword
Aside from value, the second criteria you want to focus on is optimizing your content using a low-hanging fruit keyword.
To do this, use what you feel is your strongest, most relevant low-hanging fruit keyword to the topic you will be writing about and simply write an article using the keyword intermittently throughout the article (1-2% density of total keyword count). You do not want to go over 2% density with your keyword because Google will mark your article as spam. Additionally, it is important that you write your article in a human-friendly fashion. You want your article to make sense to a real person reading it; DO NOT try to write for Google or any other search engine.
Here are some common tips for writing your article:
- Make the title of your article your keyword.
- Write in an easy-to-follow, conversational style – as if you were talking to a friend. Be real, be authentic and keep it casual. You want your readers to be able to easily follow your train of thought.
- Break up sentences into 1-3 sentences per paragraph so as to make it easy on the reader’s eyes.
- Research articles written by top influencers and bloggers in your niche, analyze how they write articles and apply it your own articles.
- In terms of style or format of your article, write in a way that makes sense for the theme of the article. For example, review articles will be a different format than a “How to…” article or a “Top 5…” article.
If you’re not a great writer you will BECOME a greater writer the more you do it. That’s just how it is with anything in life. If you need help or want a great resource for learning how to become a better content writer check out CopyBlogger.
That’s really all there is to writing articles using low-hanging fruit keywords. You’ll get better the more you write and the more you apply techniques from those that are already successful content writers and influencers. It’s a process we all go through but if you want to make money online for free then it’s a process you’ll have to go through too.
Step 4: How To Make Money Online For Free
Alright, you made it to the final step! Congrats!
Now we’ll look at how to use everything we’ve learned thus far to actually generate an income online.
Steps 1-3 were the heavy lifting steps so if you’re able to do them, the making money part of the process will now be easy.
There are 2 highly profitable ways to generate an income once you are receiving free traffic to your website:
- Affiliate Marketing
1. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing is a unique form of marketing by which you (the affiliate) have the ability to earn a commission anytime you refer someone (customer) through your website to a merchant’s product or service and that person makes a purchase. Affiliate marketing is as simple as finding a valuable product or service that is relevant to the article you write and placing affiliate links within your article, much like I did in this article.
There are literally THOUSANDS of companies and people online that have affiliate programs for all kinds of products and services. A good way to find these affiliate programs is to simply type your “your keyword + affiliate programs” (no quotes necessary) into Google.
Additionally, Amazon Associates, Clickbank.com and CJ Affiliate (formerly Commission Junction) are also some of the largest affiliate networks to explore and work with if you are just getting started.
Once you find a related affiliate program to join, sign up for it and you will be provided with your very own affiliate links which you can embed within your articles.
If you’re unable to find a related affiliate program for your low-hanging fruit keyword, that is okay too. I would still recommend writing the article, especially if you think people will gain a lot of value from it. Where affiliate marketing falls short you can make up for with Adsense.
Remember: your focus should always be to generate traffic to your website and you do that by targeting and writing articles around low-hanging fruit keywords.
The most important thing to know about becoming an affiliate and doing affiliate marketing is that you want to recommend reputable products/services that you trust and that provide real value to a consumer. Therefore I recommend you either purchase or invest some time thoroughly researching a product/service before you recommend it yourself. The reason for this is because your website/name will be tied to any recommendation you do and it is important to have a clean name if you want to do business long-term.
Unfortunately there are some affiliate products/services out there that provide little-to-no value for consumers (otherwise known as scams), and that sometimes leave a bad taste in people’s mouths around affiliate marketing, so always have a solid understanding for what it is you decide to promote.
If done ethically affiliate marketing is a win-win for everyone:
- You’re happy because you earn a commission.
- The company or person’s product/service you promote and recommend is happy because they are earning leads and sales from you.
- The customer is happy because they learned about a product or service from you that will add value to their life and will hopefully fulfill a need or desire of theirs.
All-in-all, when it comes to affiliate marketing (and this really goes without saying) just be a good person, and provide real value to people and affiliate marketing will be one of the most lucrative ways for you to generate an income online!
To gain a better understanding of affiliate marketing and how to best become an expert with it I highly suggest going premium (affiliate disclosure) in Wealthy Affiliate.
Pro-Tip: Writing review articles about affiliate products/services you find and trust is a great and easy strategy for ranking and making extra money with affiliate marketing. Just be sure to use the right low-hanging fruit keyword for the article.
Google AdSense is a free, simple way to make money online by placing ads on your website. When you have free traffic coming to your website, AdSense enables you to tap into the largest network of online advertisers who are bidding for your ad space and the attention of your traffic/viewers.
AdSense is a great and easy way to generate money online for a number of reasons:
- You’re able to review ads to ensure they are high quality and relevant to your content and audience.
- You’re able to choose which ads you like or don’t like, customize where ads appear on your site and choose which type of ads fit your site best.
- Online advertisers bid for your ad space so you get the most money for your ad space.
And AdSense is really as simple as that.
So there you have it folks. This concludes How To Make Money Online For Free.
In closing, here are the key points to remember:
- Create a free website using Wealthy Affiliate. Make sure your website domain name is relative to the industry (niche) you will be writing articles about.
- Understand what a “low-hanging fruit” keyword is and how to pick them.
- Understand how and why writing articles using “low-hanging fruit” keywords will help you to generate traffic to your website.
- Use affiliate marketing and Adsense to generate an income once you have traffic coming to your site.
I hope I was able to provide some value to you and give you some insight about how to make money online for free.
If you have any further questions about anything that may be unclear please drop me a comment below and I will be more than happy to clear things up. Also, any feedback about how I can improve this article would be greatly appreciated!
I am here for you guys and want to give you the best information I can.
I wish you all MASSIVE success!