Are you looking to learn how to make money online? Wondering if Wealthy Affiliate is legit or a scam? My Wealthy Affiliate Review 2018 will give you my honest opinion of what Wealthy Affiliate is, who it’s for, the pros and cons of it, as well as an inside look at all the features and benefits you can hope to receive from joining.
Review Disclaimer: I know your time is valuable so I do not want to waste it. I want to make this clear from the start that Wealthy Affiliate does not promise to make you a millionaire overnight. If you’re looking to make money online fast this review is not for you. IF however you are looking to genuinely build something that will stand the test of time and pay you back passively in the future, I urge you to please read on. You’ll be making the best decision for your future life!
Affiliate Disclosure: I want to be openly honest with you by saying that there are affiliate links used through out this article. This means if you decide to click on a link and make a purchase (join WA Premium) I will receive a small affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. If you do decide to join WA Premium using one of my links I want to thank you for your support and let you know that you will also receive personal access to me within WA (GStudnicki) to help you with any issues you may encounter on your journey to success with online marketing.
Wealthy Affiliate Review 2018
Overall Ranking: #1 Online Marketing Education Community
Owners: Kyle and Carson
Internet marketing can be a steep learning curve and there is certainly a lot to learn and keep up with. However knowing that there are currently 3.75 billion people actively searching the Internet and making purchases, and that this number is only growing with each passing day, I knew this was a wave I could not pass up (affiliate disclosure).
I kept hearing stories about how people were making crazy money online and something about the idea of being able to reach the world from a location-neutral platform spoke to me.
If you are anything like me, when I first started out in the “how to make money online” game I felt so overwhelmed with all the information available online, and all the “gurus” selling me information about how I can achieve the dream of earning online passive income myself.
I personally have spent thousands of dollars buying online courses and attending webinars; anything I could do to learn everything I could about how to make money online.
The problem with all of this information was that there was just too much to process and handle. I didn’t know which step to implement first, or when to learn and take on something new.
As if by luck, I finally came across Wealthy Affiliate and my life has never been the same.
There’s no shortage of great blogs, websites and online courses offering great information for how to achieve financial freedom online. There’s no denying that.
I want to share with you my personal experience of Wealthy Affiliate though and why I believe it is the #1 resource for helping anyone learn and achieve financial freedom in the online game.
Let’s dive in!
What is Wealthy Affiliate?
Wealthy Affiliate (WA) is an educational platform and online community of Internet entrepreneurs dedicated to teaching you how to build and scale an online business using various online marketing strategies.
Founded in 2005 by Kyle and Carson, Wealthy Affiliate is now a community of over 800,000 like-minded members all determined to succeed online.
Wealthy Affiliate is essentially a one-stop-shop that provides any individual (regardless of their level of online experience) with exceptional training courses & bootcamps, all the necessary tools and resources to get started, as well as 24/7 help and support from community members and the WA team (including access to Kyle and Carson).
The beautiful thing about Wealthy Affiliates is that they encourage you to start a business around a passion of yours and walk you step-by-step through the phases of how to start a website and build it into a thriving “authority site.”
So what is an authority site?
An authority site is a well-respected website with content (articles, videos, reviews, etc) so good and trusted that large volumes of people (online traffic) flock to the site for news, reviews, and recommendations on whatever topic (niche) the site happens to be an “authority” about.
When the authority site has large volumes of people visiting the site they are able to generate money in a variety of ways. Wealthy Affiliate teaches you all the different ways to make money with an authority site however focuses primarily on teaching you a highly profitable form of Internet marketing known as affiliate marketing (hence the name Wealthy Affiliate).
So now that you have a brief understanding of what Wealthy Affiliate is, let’s determine if it’s right for you.
Is Wealthy Affiliate For You?
While I believe Wealthy Affiliate provides a fantastic opportunity for a broad range of people to learn about Internet marketing and how to build and scale an online business, it is not a “one size fits all” solution.
Starting an online business can be overwhelming and daunting to most, especially if you have never made an attempt at ever starting your own business. Wealthy Affiliate can help to significantly shorten your learning curve and curb the pains associated with starting a business, however I want you to be straight up with you and clarify who I believe Wealthy Affiliate is for and who should avoid it.
The #1 Skill Needed to Succeed with WA:
The #1 skill needed to succeed with Wealthy Affiliate is the mental discipline to actually do the work and apply what you learn. Your degree of mental discipline to do the work on a consistent basis will be the single deciding factor as to whether or not you’re able to succeed with Wealthy Affiliate.
That’s it. Everything else Wealthy Affiliate will teach you and you will learn over time. If you aren’t willing to learn and take action then Wealthy Affiliate and the whole concept of making money online just isn’t for you.
On another note, Wealthy Affiliate is no “get rich quick” scheme so it will take some time of you doing the work without seeing results for some time, and that’s perfectly okay! Do not let it discourage you! Anyone who has ever started an online business (or even an offline business) had to start at the beginning and go for some time before seeing any income. It’s just how the game goes.
It is how often you’re able to stay consistent and do the work (a little bit each day) that will determine how quickly you achieve success.
So who can really benefit from joining Wealthy Affiliate?
- Anyone with a passion/interest/hobby and is interested in learning how to make money doing it (either part-time or full-time).
- Anyone who wants to make extra income to supplement their salary.
- People new to and curious about online marketing and wanting to learn how to be more successful with it.
- Retired folks who have free time and want to supplement their retirement funds.
- People who are fed up with their 9-to-5 jobs and yearn to start their own business. Many Wealthy Affiliate members start WA as a side hustle, and with the right consistency are able to eventually quit their “day job” and do online marketing full time, working whenever and where ever they want.
- Students who want to make extra money in college to help leverage against loans, tuition and other expenses.
- Stay-at-home moms and dads who have extra free time and are willing to spend it in front of a computer.
- Business owners interested in learning more about online marketing and how to gain more exposure for their business online.
If any of the above categories rang true for you and you are confident you have the mental discipline to stick to the game plan that WA offers you then I can whole-heartedly say Wealthy Affiliate is a blessing waiting to happen for you, and I offer you the opportunity to join now for free as a Starter member (affiliate disclosure). As for those who should consider avoiding WA…
Those who should consider avoiding Wealthy Affiliate:
- People who are impatient or looking to make a quick buck. With WA you will be starting a business and businesses take time before you start to generate income; it’s just the nature of how business works. There are ways to make a quick buck online but they are typically just that: a quick buck, temporary and short-lived. WA is here to teach you how to build something that will surpass the test of time.
- Anyone who has trouble starting something but not finishing it. If you decide to join WA, it should mean you are determined to stick with it for the long haul, through thick and thin. Starting an online business can be challenging at times so it requires a great deal of mental discipline to stay consistent and persevere. The online community is great for helping push you along and stay motivated but ultimately it is YOU who must continue to do the work.
- Advanced Internet marketers – I only say this because while there is a ton to be gained even for an advanced marketer, WA is more-so geared towards beginners and intermediate marketers. As an advanced Internet marketer, one truly understands that learning never ends and for that reason Wealthy Affiliate can still serve as a great supplement for staying up-to-date in the online world but may not be as crucial of a resource that it is to someone like a beginner or intermediate. A better and more fulfilling reason to join as an advanced marketer would simply be to help others and to give back.
The beautiful thing about Wealthy Affiliate is that regardless of your experience level with Internet marketing, there is something to be gained from becoming a member.
For any beginner or intermediate, the step-by-step training courses, classrooms and Affiliate Bootcamp within the Wealthy Affiliate platform are set up in such a user-friendly way that it makes it almost impossible for one not to be able to learn. As an advanced Internet marketer, Wealthy Affiliate is a terrific resource for helping keep you up-to-date on all the latest and most effective online marketing strategies and tactics.
Kyle, Carson and the WA team are extremely diligent at staying on top of the ever-changing online world to ensure members are constantly aware of the most recent news and strategies to apply.
PROS and CONS of Wealthy Affiliate
Having been a Premium Wealthy Affiliate member myself since early 2017 I now want to touch on what I believe are some of the pros and cons of Wealthy Affiliate. I do want to note that while many of the pros listed below are accessible with the Starter membership, some pros may be limited in use. See “Membership, Training & Tools” below for more detailed information about this.
- A Blueprint for Online Success – Wealthy Affiliate walks you step-by-step through their tried-and-true courses for how to properly start an online business, all you have to do is DO the work that the training instructs you to do.
- Over 800,000+ HELPFUL & SUPPORTIVE community members – the toughest part about starting a business can be the loneliness & self-doubt that comes about after the initial stages of starting it. WA’s community of like-minded entrepreneurs are there 24/7 to support you when times get tough.
- 24/7 LIVE Chat & Interactive Help from owners and expert members – there is a 24/7 active LIVE chat within WA that community members are always chatting on and discussing Internet marketing related ideas and questions.
- Extensive Video Training: Step-by-step tutorial trainings and weekly LIVE trainings on varying Internet-marketing related topics
- Online classroom courses and a bootcamp.
- 13+ Full, Interactive Classrooms with tasks to complete
- Getting Started Bootcamp
- A strict spam-free environment
- State of the Art Hosting
- 2 Free, Easy-to-Build & Beautifully Designed Websites
- No up-sells, ever! (going Premium is the one & only payment you will ever make with WA)
- Completely FREE to Get Started (no gimmicks, no catches, no credit card required)
- Too much information that can be overwhelming. Although WA has a great step-by-step training, access to all of the information within WA can be overwhelming.
- Starter membership is a great opportunity for beginners to poke around with but following the first 7 days it becomes limited. Therefore I recommend that upon signing up you take FULL advantage of experiencing some of the premium features like 1-on-1 Coaching and 24/7 Live Help before the 7-day trial expires. You can still achieve success as a free member however you’re resources and access to advanced training will be limited so it is highly suggested you upgrade to a paid Premium membership.
- Price – some would consider $49/month ($19 the first month) or $359/year ($30/month) pricey but when you experience the value WA has to offer as well as your potential return on investment the price is a no brainer.
Membership, Training & Tools
Now I want to take some time to discuss the differences between being a free member vs paid Premium member and to give you an insider’s look at the training and tools available within Wealthy Affiliate.
Hopefully by now you’ve picked up on the fact that there are only two (2) levels of membership within Wealthy Affiliate: Starter (free) and Premium (paid). Unlike many programs on the Internet that promise to teach you online marketing (and only after you purchase the program or product), Wealthy Affiliate gives you the option to “try before you buy” without the need for any credit card information – it is 100% FREE to become a lifetime member.
I believe this is one of the best perks to Wealthy Affiliate because it allows you to look around the site, meet people in the community, create your own website (hosting included) and just get an overall feel for the value that WA can provide. Then, if you find out you love it (like myself and thousands of others do), you can join Premium to gain access to the full range of knowledge, resources and support that the site has to offer.
Going Premium is not a requirement in order to succeed online however your chances of succeeding will be much greater and the process of learning will be easier when you are a Premium member.
Let’s break down the differences in what you get as a Starter member vs a paid Premium member:
What you get with your $0 Starter membership:
- Instant access to over 500 training modules
- 2 free websites with hosting included (web hosting can typically cost $5-$20/month but you get it free within WA)
- Access to 3 of the classrooms
- 30 keyword searches a month
- Phase 1 of the Affiliate Bootcamp training course which teaches you how to build a successful business using Wealthy Affiliate
- Live Chat and support from many of the experts inside WA for the first 7 days of becoming a member
- Ability to earn while you learn
- Website backup
What you get with your Premium membership ($49/month):
- Instant access to over 500 training modules
- 50 websites along with free hosting
- Access to all 13 classrooms
- Unlimited keyword searches
- All phases (7) of the Affiliate Bootcamp training course
- Live Chat, unlimited support and access to the experts inside WA, including owners Kyle and Carson
- Ability to earn while you learn with 2x higher payout
- Live weekly video classes covering a variety of topics related to Internet marketing
- Website backup and security package
- 24/7/365 website support
- 1-on-1 Coaching with myself (GStudnicki) and any other WA experts
- …and so much more!
As you can see, there is a ton to be gained regardless of the type of membership you decide to sign up for but I recommend starting off with the $0 Starter membership (affiliate disclosure), soaking up all the value that it has to offer then upgrading to Premium (affiliate disclosure) once you’re really ready to start earning. Next we’ll talk about what I feel is Wealthy Affiliate’s strongest feature: the WA community and support.
Wealthy Affiliate Community & Support
In my opinion it is the community and support within Wealthy Affiliate that sets them a part from every other program, website, blog or forum online. Starting an online business can be very demanding and challenging at times but the right support can mean the difference between someone throwing in the towel or succeeding.
For starters, WA has it’s own forum & classrooms loaded with Q&A’s, articles, tutorials and videos left behind by older students to help you with nearly any topic you may be struggling with.
My advice for anyone new to WA is to first utilize the forum and classrooms. Then if for whatever reason you’re unable to find the answer(s) there to then head to the WA Live Chat. People from all over the world are always chatting so you can be sure you’ll be talking with someone.
WA’s community is made up of over 800,000+ Internet marketers from all parts of the globe so there is always someone awake and willing to help.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A STUPID QUESTION IN WA so never hesitate to ask something if you cannot find the answer you’re looking for! Kyle, Carson and the WA team do a great job of promoting and policing a positive learning environment and are quick to silence anyone that speaks to anyone else in a discouraging fashion.
Regardless of any dilemma you face along your journey to starting an online business I can almost guarantee you’ll find your answer within minutes of seeking in WA. If you decide to go Premium, WA also provides 24/7/365 support for your website. Needless to say, the support available within Wealthy Affiliate is unmatched by any program out there!
Hopefully at this point of the review I’ve done my job and you now have a better understanding of what Wealthy Affiliate has to offer. If you are still skeptical of the program please don’t just take my word for it; do your due diligence and read about the countless WA Success Stories from real Wealthy Affiliate members.
If you are truly serious about changing your life and want to learn how to create passive income around something you are passionate about, I genuinely believe Wealthy Affiliate is BY FAR the best opportunity to do so with, and I wholeheartedly invite you to take a leap of faith and sign up as a free member (affiliate disclosure). You have nothing to lose and everything to gain because with Wealthy Affiliate it’s not a matter of if, but when, you’ll achieve the success you desire.
As long as you are persistent, stick to the courses and seek help when needed, I believe success is inevitable (degrees of success may vary however). The life of your dreams is waiting but you have to decide if you really want it or not. I am not saying it will be easy but I will be here to help you every step of the way. Wealthy Affiliate was the gateway to my life of financial freedom and I am forever grateful for it.
I would love to see the same success happen for you and when that is the case, please come back to share your story by dropping a comment below. Nothing would be more gratifying than to know I was able to help someone achieve the financial success they’ve always dreamed of, all while doing it around something they love. 🙂
I wish you all MASSIVE success!
P.S. – Let me know your thoughts by dropping a comment below!
- To those of you that have tried Wealthy Affiliate before, what are your thoughts about it?
- Do you find my review to be accurate/useful?
- Are you considering joining WA? What questions or hesitations (if any) do you have about it?
- 800,000+ Community Members
- 24/7 Live Chat
- 13+ Full, Interactive Classrooms with step-by-step training and tasks to complete
- Weekly LIVE Trainings on varying Internet marketing topics
- State of the Art Hosting
- Information Overload